Monday, January 11, 2016

Blog #0

My prior experiences with technology are with yearbook and journalism classes, I mostly worked with photos and advertisements so I am more knowledgeable with Photoshop and InDesign more than any other computer programs. I also have worked with Excel before and Word obviously for academic purposes. While I do have prior experience with technology I do not feel comfortable nor strong enough with technology, I have a lot to learn.

My main goal for this class is to become more knowledge with all the different programs that are offered on computers. I want to know multiple programs in order to create a innovative and creative classroom when I become a teacher. I also want to be able to incorporate technology into my classroom and to use it easily so I don't take time away from teaching students. Also with my greater knowledge of technology I might be able to answer any questions and solve any problems my students face while using it.

Today I learned from my learning style is that I am not a global learning, I cannot look at the bigger picture before I learn something. I find that to be confusing and that I am more of a sequential learner, which means jumping around from different topics confuses me. I also learned that I am a sensing learner, which means I can grasp concepts better when I understand how it can be used in the real world and not just in the classroom. I also learned that I am more of an active learner, which suggests I am better at study in a group. I will have to keep that in mind the next time I am studying.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Alyssa! Don't worry about not feeling totally comfortable with technology. Please don't ever hesitate to ask questions. I hope that you leave this class feeling confident about using the concepts we cover in your future classroom.

    ReplyDelete