Monday, March 14, 2016

Blog #7

I could use PowerPoint to support student learning and achievement at each level of Bloom's Taxonomy. For my students to remember information I taught them before I can post the PowerPoint to my class website where they can go back and look and it and remember the discussion we had in class. For my students to understand information I would say minimal information in my PowerPoint and go into detail about that information by talking while going through the PowerPoint in class. For my students to apply the information I will take the information I wrote in my PowerPoint and use it in other situations during class time. For my students to be able to analyze the information I would use worksheets and other homework assignments that correlate to what was brought up in my PowerPoint. For my students to be able to evaluate the information I present in my PowerPoint we will have open discussions afterwards so they can critique and judge what they just learned. For my students to be able to create original work I will give them homework assignments such as the ones I receive in my EME 2040 class where I can blog about what I learn in class and create other things such as wikis and websites.

Adaptive technologies are the different types of technologies and services offered to learners with different disabilities. Adaptive technologies are used to support learners who need different technologies or tools in order for them to perform the same tasks as other students. Some examples of adaptive technologies are 3D printers, voice recognition software on computers, text to speech software which reads out-loud to a student, and others. I do not know anyone who uses these technologies themselves but I have gotten a chance to see some of them in the Sandbox in the College of Education on campus. Some challenges I perceive using adaptive technologies in my classroom are that not all of my students may need these technologies and it may single out the student or distract the other students. I also can see it being hard for a student to have access to in a public school.

By working on the Web Page Design assignment I acquired skills such as being creative and learning how to put a website together that does not correlate with the acronym CRAP that we learned in class. I liked that I was able to think of what an actual teacher would have on their website but I didn't like that Weebly wouldn't cooperate with me sometimes. For example, it was difficult for me to change the colors of different texts and I found it harder to change layouts on my laptop than it was on a desktop. I can improve it next time because I will be able to have specific content that I feel is important to put on a class website rather than making it up myself. After completing the Web Page Design assignment I will be able to create a more easy to look at website that will be used for my real classroom.


The link to my website is http://alyssaeme2040.weebly.com/.

6 comments:

  1. Your website was very well organized and easy to navigate. I loved the big pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that adaptive technologies might be distracting to some students, especially younger students that are curious about what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weebly was giving me some problems as well. I feel like I could've done more with my website if it was more user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your website! It is very cute and appealing to the eye, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that public school students do not have very much access to the adaptive technologies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your website!! Very cute and well organized!

    ReplyDelete