Monday, April 4, 2016

Blog #10

As a teacher I will probably use the Data Collection tool for interacting and keeping in touch with my students' parents. I want to be a kindergarten teacher so my students probably won't be at the right comprehension level to get results from. But my students' parents can use my surveys so I can see what their child needs to work on the most and how much they have improved in certain subject areas throughout the year. I can take these results and focus on a subject area more in depth for a while if enough students need the extra practice. The Data Collection tool will help me improve my classroom not only for their particular school year but for my future classes based on their perspective. The answers that I receive through Data Collection tools will help me to evaluate the aspects of my classroom that are effective and the aspects that are not effective. Their responses will help me change my teaching style to better fit my students.

After reviewing my classmates' blogs something I found interesting is that even though we had the same assignments due, like all of our journals and assignments like PowerPoint and concept maps they all looked different. I learned through my classmates' blogs that there is not only one way of completing work correctly, which showed me that there are different ways to go about teaching and you just have to find what works best for you and your students.

The next technology-related skill I would like to learn next is how to use Promethium boards in a lesson to make it more interactive. I know how to use the Promethium boards and the touch features but I would like to be able to know how to make a lesson interactive where students can come up and solve problems instead of doing PowerPoints.

I think I will be able to achieve my future educational technology-related goals is through experience. The required internship that I will have will allow me to experience a real classroom setting and allow me to adjust to the the technologies and procedures of a school. As a freshman at Florida State University I have already learned so much and I can only imagine what else I can learn about educational technology the next three years here.

No comments:

Post a Comment